Цитат
EVILE LEAD GUITARIST OL DRAKE FRACTURES JAW, BAND LEAVE TOUR
T'day upon the hour of 4:00 in the mornin

'OL DRAKE, lead guitarist of UK thrashers EVILE fractured his jaw last night
after the band's show in Rotterdam, Netherlands supporting SATYRICON.

EVILE frontman MATT DRAKE comments:

"Ol collapsed last night and fractured his jaw and split his chin on the
ground. Luckily his beard absorbed some of the blow. He's been in hospital
and had X-rays and been stitched up, but he's unable to play - he can't
really move - he's a mess. Ol doesn't drink, it seems to be some medical
problem that's being investigated. They did an ECG and we're awaiting
results. Unfortunately we're having to pull out of the tour to get home to
the UK where Ol can recuperate and have some follow-up tests.

"We apologise to all our fans and to anyone planning to see us at the shows.
As you can imagine we're devastated we can't play, but Ol's health comes
first and that's currently our priority. We will update our fans through
the MySpace with news when we're back home. We won't be on any of the
Satyricon tour from today."

EVILE plan to resume touring duties in 2009. Keep up-to-date with news on
OL DRAKE's condition by checking for updates on the band's MySpace page at

http://www.myspace.com/evileuk

Цитат
cheers guys! currently in pain in bed but recovering.

posted an update on what happened

hello from my bed.

thankyou for all the get well messages (even the guy who said we suck, you rule).

want to start by saying a HUGE sorry to all the people wanting to see us play on the Satyricon tour, I couldn't be more pissed off. I'm the first person to oppose cancelling any gig or tour, unless it's completely necessary. My first worry wasn't even for my health, it was for the tour... And that my beard would be ok.

I literally can't stand up for longer than 5 minutes or I just feel like going back down (took 4 goes to get the X-ray done). I did a highly medical thing called "lose blood". I wish I could have carried on the tour. No energy at all

Will get myself checked but I think I pretty much know why it happened:

During the Canada tour i developed a really bad cold/infection (which Ben caught, putting him in hospital on our return), it got worse when we got home. It developed into a URTI (Upper Respiratory Tracht Infection) so I was put on medication for that. My system was pretty low but I carried on anyway.

With the long drives on this tour, and the vast boredom between shows, I basically slept all the time. When it came to eating, we didn't have much food but I ate what I could that we were given by venues. On top of that we didn't have too much money to buy food (most of it going to lots of petrol) so I was basically not eating enough. I've done enough gigs and tours and not eaten a lot, and physically got by, as the shows themselves are usually good excersise. But I think this time it just caught up with me at a bad time and said "you hit the floor now". I've broken one side of the top of my jaw, detaching a bone which holds the muscle in place. Therefore the muscle is pulling my jaw up on one side. I sound like Stephen Hawking when I talk. Also a bone deep gash on my chin.

I will have to just get myself into good health, as this was basically my own fault.

so again, huge apologies to our fans, Satyricon + Crew (thankyou for being cool with us!) and Zonaria.

If you're interested, below is what happened. In a few weeks i'll just laugh at it.

Outside the Waterfront in Rotterdam (which is literally AT the water front), I started to get blurred vision. Next thing I knew i'm being woken up by two of the Satyricon guys. I just thought, "oh shit, what happened?". I couldn't feel my jaw, so I didn't notice anything at first. If i was any nearer the water; bye bye.

There was a big pool of blood under where my head had been, so I wondered where it came from. One of the guys said my teeth were covered in blood so its probably a broken tooth. I checked my teeth and found one quite out of alignment and thought "woo".

Then I felt my beard (which probably cushioned the blow making this alot less serious) was drenched in blood. Other than this looking very cool, I wondered where it came from. So i stick my fingers into my beard, then i'm suddenly touching my jaw bone. As in....touching the actual bone, and other squishy Peter Jackson-esque things. I look down at my fingers and they're dark red, drenched in blood. Then I realised I might be in trouble.

We woke Matt up (who simeltaneously having a dream that i'd fallen off something??) and called an ambulance. I was asked if i was OK again, and I noticed my teeth were making new friends with teeth they'd never met before. Ie, my jaw was in the totally wrong place. I felt my face and there was a huge jaw bone on one side, and a gap on the other.

fast forward blah blah, had X-rays (4 attempts). Stitches. then basically stayed in bed until getting home. Wish i could just be touring and playing guitar.

Пича направо рути! Дано се оправя по-бързо и да продължава с метълизма